The digital format of the book is known as eBook which is also called an Electronic book, We can convert any book or document into eBooks that include text images and illustrations, etc and can be read on any popular EReaders device available in the market such as Amazon Kindle, Sony Reader, Kobo Reader, Barnes & Noble Nook, EReaders are a revolution in the world of books. It is an electronic device specially designed for reading eBooks. With an eReader, you can take your entire library with you wherever you go. eBooks can also be accessed on many different devices such as iPhone, Android Smartphones, PC- desktop and laptop, Macbook, IPad, and Tablets.
eBooks provide numerous advantages as compared to traditional printed books, some of the key factors are listed below.
- Smart and Portable: eBooks are portable, lightweight, and easy to carry around. Instead of carrying multiple bulky traditional books, you can just take a small EReader which can hold thousands of EBooks. Save a lot of space so you don’t have to worry about storage as well.
- Easy to access: EBooks are accessible anywhere and anytime you just need to download and save them on EReader for later use at your convenience. Whereas for traditional printed books, You have to order or buy at the bookstore, waiting for delivery or travelling to the bookstore is time-consuming.
- Easy to Update: EBook content is mostly cloud-based, meaning it can be updated at any time. Authors and publishers can add the updated information at any point in time and provide users with the latest digital content. This saves reprint costs and process time.
- Easy to Share: eBook allows you to share the content with various users. Students and employees can use this feature to collaborate with their colleagues. You can always share and like the eBook content by enabling social sharing, which is unfeasible with traditional printed books. The eBook can be shared with multiple people at a time, but in the case of a printed book, you can share with only one person at a time.
- Augmented Reality: Augmented Reality has taken eBooks to a different level. Text and images can now be integrated with an enlarged 3D image that appears on the user’s screen. Making reading and learning a much more enchanting experience. You just need to point at the image or text, an enhanced version of the same will appear on the screen.
- Easy on the Eyes: As eReaders are backlit designed and do not require any external source of light to read EBooks, You can even adjust the screen brightness to your preference and use it for a long time without straining your eyes. eReaders have the functionality of reading in the dark, with low lights that do not strain your eyes or disturb your surroundings. Users can even increase or decrease the font size. eBooks ensure to keep your eyes safe.
- Read Aloud Feature: The eBooks are equipped with text-to-speech or reading functionality. It enables people to listen to eBooks when they do not prefer to read. This feature is further useful for children and adults with learning or visual disabilities and helps to understand and pronounce a particular word.
- Interactive Elements: This feature enables a much more engaging experience with EBooks, Which includes embedding multimedia content like video /audio/Image slide show integration, 2D and 3D animations, cross-references, footnotes, annotations, hyperlinks, etc. We also call it enhanced books or interactive ebooks.
- Environmentally Friendly: EBooks are totally environment friendly. It eradicates the paper printing process and saves printing costs for the publishers.
And last but not least they are Economical and Durable!
Why eBook is cheaper than Paperback?
eBooks are much cheaper than traditional printed books, there is no Paperback Covers cost, no Paper Printing cost, no Packaging cost, no Shipping cost incurred, and also last longer with low storage space compared to printed books.
However, in Traditional printed books, the maximum a user can do is mark pages or highlight texts but with EBooks on can do much more. they can customize it as per their preference, search for words they don’t understand, listen to the audio, watch videos, and much more.